Computers have changed the entire technology world with new features. For the same, the prices of hard drives are dropping down and the computers are now studded with good memory space through the hard drives. There are people who are always looking for ways to download more pictures, videos and movies from the Internet and for such reasons, people are end up with low memory space on their respective PCs. If you have purchased the Windows 10 system, then here we are with the tips to free up Hard Drive Space in Windows 10 PC. Let’s get the right tips from here now!
There comes a time when you see a pop-up message on your computer’s screen regarding low memory space. You might have not aware about the memory space that are available on your device and for that reason, you will be end up with low memory space on your device.
Windows 10 brings a lot of new features and applications to the systems, so more people are trying to install and use such new applications on their new Windows PCs. Plenty of new features are introduced daily and we all love to use them on the system. We all use to install new software and other applications which also store a lot of space on the PC. If you are looking for some ways to free up space on the hard drive of your Windows 10 system here’s what you need to know about.
Best ways to free up Hard Drive Space in Windows 10 PC
1. Delete Temporary and Downloaded Files
Every computer stores files which you explore from the Internet or downloaded them from the web. We recommend you to delete all the temporary files and other unwanted downloaded files from the Windows 10 system so this way you can free up some space on the Windows 10 system. If you are not aware about deleting the Temporary files and other unwanted files from your Windows 10 system, you just need to follow a few simple steps which are given below.
- Go to Settings and select System
- From here you need to click on to the Storage option from the left panel
- At the top, you could see This PC option, click on to this option and a menu will be presented to you
- Click on to the Temporary Files option from here, select this option from here
- You could see different options here from which you can select the ones you want to delete them from the system
- At the end, you could see Remove files button, click on to this button to remove the files from your Windows 10 PC
2. Clean up the Recycle Bin
Recycle Bin is a very good thing to keep your deleted files secured. If for some reason or accidentally you remove some important files from your Windows 10 PC, you can easily recover or get them back to your system from the Recycle Bin. All the deleted files in your Windows PC are stored in the Recycle Bin app. It is mandatory to clean up the Recycle Bin if you don’t need to restore the deleted files. Recycle Bin stores space in your system and you have to empty the Recycle Bin from the Windows 10 PC.
- Go to your Desktop where you see Recycle Bin option
- Right click on to the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin option from here
- Once you select this option, a pop up Window will be presented to you from which you need to select Yes button
- You’re done! Recycle Bin will be emptied and there will be no files stored here
3. Disk Cleanup
Windows offer plenty of services to make use of a variety of things. Windows PC has builtin Disk Utility options which allows you to clean up disks. This utility is there to clear up files from your system and this way you can get some free space to your Computer.
From this option, you can remove Downloaded Program files, Temporary Internet files, Delivery optimization files and more. You can tick mark the option and once finalise, click on to the Ok button.
- In order to launch the Disk Cleanup window, just press the Start button and then All apps >> Windows Administrative Tools >> Disk Cleanup.
- From here, you need to select the drive which you want to delete files from it.
- Select proper drive and you will see a menu with all the files options.
- Choose proper options by tick marking and then click the Ok button.
4. Change Default Location
Windows PCs stores files from the Internet and new software and applications to a specific drive. Sometimes, all the files are stored in one single drive resulting with low storage space. If you can change the default storage location on your Windows system, you can easily store files to various drives and this way you can manage proper space to your drives.
In order to change the default location in your Windows 10 PC, you need to follow a few simple steps first.
- Go to the Start menu and select System and then select Storage from there, from the left panel.
- You would be presented with options as Save locations
- Make sure to select the location for pictures, documents, apps, music and new videos from here
5. Remove unwanted Apps
Sometimes we don’t know about the applications which are installed on the PC system. There are many unwanted apps available on the system which you might have never used before. You may not aware about some of the apps and how to use them. Good for you to remove all the applications which are of no use from your PC system so you can free up some extra space to your system. If you want to uninstall such unwanted apps and games from your system, just follow below steps now.
- Go to the Start menu and then select the Settings option from here.
- Select System from here and then Apps & Features option.
- From here select Choose Sort by size from here.
- You would be presented with a list of apps stored here. Select the app and then click on to the Uninstall button to remove the app from your system.
- Apart from this, you can even go to the Control panel by click on to the Start button and then selecting the Control Panel.
- You could see all the apps which are installed on the system.
- Select the app and click on to the Install button to remove it from the system
These are all the best ways to free up some space in your Windows 10 PC. Windows 10 is the best and the latest Windows operating system which is available for all the Windows PC users.
If you have get the VPN service, you can easily setup VPN on a Windows 10 PC. A step by step tutorial is given here. Apart from this, some of the users have faced Bluetooth Not Working issue on their Windows 10 PC, you can easily solve this from here in your Windows 10 system. If you are missing the classic solitaire game, you can install and play it from here to your Windows 10 system.